Inflation is affecting everyone from the top down. Even the big tech companies who are in charge of rolling out 5G technology and new telecommunications infrastructure…but it begs the question: what’s the damage?
Welcome back to another episode of the 5G guys! In a previous conversation, we covered all the industry updates and project timelines that shifted over the months in 2021. At the end of our time together Wayne brought up the topic of inflation and how it is affecting the industry. It is such a broad topic that we decided it would be better to take a whole episode to do a deep dive.
Hit play to learn how inflation is affecting everything from supply chains, labor cost, supply and material cost, carrier costs, government costs, and everything in between! Even if you have been in this industry since the beginning, no one has ever seen so many complex problems all pile up at once.
We’ll even cover a few problems most people aren’t talking about that the pandemic created and how no one could have planned for these issues. Even though the past several years have not gone according to plan, that doesn’t mean everything is all going downhill…
Be sure to listen to the end to hear our positive take on the matter and how we think several of these “obstacles” will actually lead to a stronger foundation and more sustainable solutions for 5G and connectivity around the world.
Did we miss something? Let us know your thoughts or what you are seeing from your perspective in the industry. Reach out to us via the links below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- The impact of the pandemic on travel expenses.
- Why carriers are in a real predicament right now
- The major changes in the wireless industry
- Why we think this all could be a good thing
- What is the impact of inflation on the industry?
- Where does inflation come from in the wireless space?
- How the government plans to help
- And so much more!
Links For This Episode:
- Consumer prices for cellular services: Inflation Rate for Cell service between 1997-2022
Connect With Us:
- Website: www.vertex-us.com
- Website: https://5gguys.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/5Gguys
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12515882
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/5gGuys
Submit Your Ideas or Feedback:
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 Thank you to today’s sponsors
- 1:09 How inflation is affecting the 5G industry
- 3:55 The problems we started seeing on a consumer level
- 8:20 The problems with supply chains
- 13:04 The problems on the carrier level
- 18:17 How money translates into time delays
- 21:12 The positive side of delays
- 24:11 Why companies are hopeful for 2023
- 26:00 What Dan thinks will happen next in the industry
- 29:01 Why government broadband may lead to some positive things