It’s not very often that you get to have a conversation with someone who has helped change humanity in a powerful way. The very devices we communicate and connect with every day are possible because of years and years of hard work.
In today’s episode you’ll get a look into the mind of engineer, inventor, and founding father of cell phones, Marty Cooper. His work in wireless communications spans decades before it was even a concept on paper. You’ll hear first-hand what led up to the invention of the first portable phone and how we went from the bell system to where we are today. We talk about Marty’s take on the cellular industry today and why creating competition is important for all of society.
Listen in as we discuss Marty’s new book “Cutting The Cord” and his take on innovating to help serve our society. Marty talks about the difference between early cellular days to now and why cell carriers today may be doing their customers a disservice. Join us as we discuss the importance of cellular education, as well as his predictions for our tech-filled future.
To learn more about Marty’s legacy and read his book, check out the links below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- Realizing the need for portable phones
- Changing communication from a place to a person
- The battle for the cellular network
- Why it took 10 years for cellphones to become commercial
- Present-day carriers and the lack of competition
- How carriers today are hindering their customers
- Where wireless will be in five years
- The importance of wireless education and healthcare
- MIMO and what it means
- Improving the spectrum of the cellular network
- Serving society with wireless
- And much more!
- Website: https://5gguys.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/5Gguys
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12515882
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/5gGuys
Submit Your Ideas or Feedback:
- Vertex Innovations: https://vertex-us.com
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:56 – Welcome Marty Cooper
- 3:03 – The invention of the portable phone
- 8:18 – Marty’s takeaway on the industry today
- 11:34 – The future of wireless communication
- 15:17 – MIMO and Cooper’s law
- 20:06 – Where you can find Marty today
- 22:24 – Closing thoughts