Have you ever been stuck behind a huge road foreclosure with no warning? All of a sudden your trip has been delayed and even worse, no cell service…instantly your mind gets flooded with thoughts about your loved ones wondering where you are, trying to remember how much gas you have, and now hoping your phone doesn’t die before you get bars again.
Problems like this could be a thing of the past thanks to the convergence of telecom and transportation.
In today’s episode, we talk with the mastermind behind Intelligent Transportation Systems and Network Services for a state department of transportation, Bob Fifer. He’s been able to see how telecommunications has evolved in tandem with our understanding of transportation, creating an inseparable symbiosis that will catapult us into the future.
Join us as we discuss the beneficial relationship that telecommunication and transportation have and how transportation is the key to expanding communications to rural and wild areas. We talk about the possibilities for the future and navigating new builds with innovation in mind. You’ll learn how this affects the public and private sectors and the ways they may band together to leverage technology and communications and safely move people through interstates and highways.
When you hit play you’ll get an inside look at Bob’s thoughts and insight into this world-changing convergence and just what the future holds for us.
For more resources check out our website and social media, you can find them in the links below!
More Of What’s Inside:
- The converging of wireless and transportation
- Fiber optics becoming a new infrastructure
- Bringing the virtual world into the physical world
- How transportation is expanding telecom and wireless
- Planning roadways with technology in mind
- Collaborating with the cellular industry to grow communications
- Creating infrastructure that can upgrade as technology advances
- Finding the ability to work together to solve a common issue
- The struggle of limited transportation spending
- What the future looks like for telecom and transportation
- Protecting travelers from natural disasters in real-time
- A future with no roadsigns
- And much more!
- Website: https://5gguys.com
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/5Gguys
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/groups/12515882
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/5gGuys
Submit Your Ideas or Feedback:
- Vertex Innovations: https://vertex-us.com
Episode Minute By Minute:
- 0:02 – A Look into our conversation
- 1:33 – Conversation starts
- 3:10 – The last five years of telecom and transportation
- 7:56 – The benefit of combining telecom, wireless, and transportation
- 13:52 – Planning for the future
- 17:13 – How CDOT is connecting rural broadband
- 19:58 – A realistic look at future converging infrastructure
- 24:50 – How the state and the telecom industry can work together
- 27:49 – Incentivizing public-private partnerships
- 31:05 – Using communications to help visitors from another state
- 36:25 – Closing thoughts and how to connect with Bob